Most frequently asked questions and answers
- Yes, reservations are required.
- Book online or give us a call at 1-800-888-RAFT.
- Please meet at our base at Cunningham’s Ski Barn located at 1 Main Street, North Creek, NY, located across the street from the Stewart’s Convenience Store.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your confirmed departure time.
- Spring (April – June) and Fall (September – October) :
- You will be most comfortable in long underwear or other non-cotton insulators. Do not wear cotton!
- Summer (July – August) :
- Feel free to wear whatever you are must comfortable in. We recommend that women wear shorts over their bathing suit to protect them from the rubber rafts.
- Yes, due to the rocky nature of the river bottom, it is required that you wear shoes that have sturdy soles and remain on your feet at all times. We recommend water shoes, sneakers, sandals with heel straps, or any shoe that you don’t mind getting wet. Flip flops and crocs are not allowed.
- Unless they are waterproof do not bring them along as they will most likely get wet and/or lost in the river!
- Please leave your belongings locked in your car and we will hold your car keys at the front desk.
- Spring and Fall: minimum age is 10 due to colder water temperatures.
- Summer: minimum age is 6.
Please note: all minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- No experience is necessary. You will receive instruction prior to the trip from our experienced, licensed guides. There will be one guide in each raft.
- 4 to 10 people can fit in our self-bailing Sotar rafts.
- 1-2 people.
- This depends on the type of adventure you are seeking! We encourage adventurers looking for a thrill to raft in the Spring season when the rapids are most intense. The Summer season is perfect for families looking for fun with warmer water temperatures. During the Fall season, there is no better way to view the breathtaking Adirondack foliage than from our rafts!
- Our trips occur rain or shine.
- No, for your safety, we do not allow alcohol on our rafts.
- Yes, tips are always welcome and appreciated if you enjoyed your trip! Please feel free to tip your guide the amount you deem appropriate at the end of your trip.